Blackburn and Over Darwen Tramways Company

In 1881 steam trams first began operating in Blackburn, and from 1989 the Blackburn and Darwen councils formally began managing their routes.

From 1899 they were converted to electric trams, and the last one to be completed was in 1903.

The first buses began running in 1929, on only 6 routes. there were 12 buses, which ran alongside the trams for the following 20 years.

The last tram to run was in 1949.

In 2007, after 125 years of council ownwership, Blackburn Transport was sold to Transdev Blazefield and integrated into Lancashire United.